The following will allow you to operate the DW400 Dynamic Wah to its full potential:1. Connect the guitar or bass to the appropriate input jack of the DW400 using a 1/4" instrument jack.2. Connect the amplifier to the output jack of the DW400 using a 1/4" instrument jack.3. OPTIONAL: Connect an expression pedal to the EXP/CTL jack of the DW400 using a 1/4" TRS cable.4. Use the DECAY control to adjust the how quickly the filter is shifted. In TEMPO mode you can shape the LFO (waveform from Sine (min) to Square (max).5. Use the MANUAL control to determine the wah effect's lowest frequency. In HUMAN VOICE mode this control selects the second vowel. in TEMPO mode this control is disabled.6. Use the SENS control to adjust the effect sensitivity. In HUMAN VOICE mode this control selects the first vowel. In TEMPO mode this control is disabled.7. Use the MODE control to select the effect type:
- UP - Creates a wah effect. The filter moves upward from low to high frequencies
- DOWN - Creates a wah effect. The filter moves downward from high to low frequencies
- SYNTH - A stronger upward wah effect with a synth-like resonance filter sound
- HUMAN VOICE - Turns your instrument signal into the sound of a human voice. The sound alters between two selectable vowel sounds and adds slight overdrive
- TEMPO - Auto wah. Tap in the tempo via the footswitch or external footswitch.
As always, experiment with the controls until the desired effect is achieved.