Question My VoiceLive Touch 2 was working fine, but when I turned it off and on again, it's got a blue screen! What do I do Answer We've discovered a rare firmware issue that can cause this to occur. For ease of fixing things, we've created an update application to recover/update your firmware. For Windows, please download and use the attached .exe file.
For Mac, please download and unzip the .zip file. It contains a .app file for you to run.
- Power up your VoiceLive Touch 2 and connect it to your computer via USB.
- Start the .exe file and select VoiceLive Touch 2 as the device and click the UPDATE button.
- Wait for the process to finish and for your VoiceLive Touch 2 to reboot.
- DO NOT POWER OFF YOUR DEVICE!
- It will return to a normal working state after a few minutes.
- It is now safe to power off.
- Follow the same instructions as above, replacing the .exe file with the .app file.