Question What is the Utility button for on the back of the amp Answer TC may provide updates for the built-in software of your amplifiers firmware. Updating your TC amps firmware requires:
- a computer running Microsoft Windows or OS X with a standard USB interface
- a USB cable.
Preparing the firmware update: Download the newest firmware from the Support page for your TC amp. If a firmware update is available, you will find update there For Microsoft Windows (these are ZIP archives containing the firmware installer) and for OS X (these are disk image files containing the firmware installer).
- Connect your TC amp to your computer using a USB cable.
- Power up the amplifier while pressing and holding the UTIL button on the rear panel.
- After a few seconds, you should see the LED next to the UTIL button turn red.
- Launch the firmware updater you have downloaded and follow the on-screen instructions to apply the firmware update.