Question Does the M-One accept a mono TS / jack plugs, or must I use stereo TRS / jack plugs at the M-One and leave the R open to feed a mono TS / jack plug at an unbalanced line mixer input

Yes, the M-One accepts both TS and TRS / jack type connectors. Simply connect your cable and the unit will automatically select balanced or unbalanced mode.