- First thing to do when linking consoles together is making one console a Master and the other a Slave. This is done by pressing SETUP, tabbing to Config- Under Synchronization have one console set to Local (master) and the other AES50 A Port (Slave).
- A typical MON & FOH console setup would consist of plugging your microphones into the monitor console (near stage) then run one CAT 5 cable (AES50 A Port, for example) from the Monitor console to the Front of House console. By default, Channels are set to Local.
- Press the ROUTING button, then stay on the HOME tab. Change the Inputs to AES50 A 1-8, AES50 A 9-16, AES50 A 17-24, AES50 A 25-32. The console will now have the same signal the monitor console has.
How to setup X32 in FOH + MON config to where FOH outs come out of MON console to speakers.
One way to do this:
- When using 2 X32s together as you described, the console that has the Mics physically connected to it is the one controlling the gain (in your scenario, this would be the monitor console).
- The FOH console would have a digital trim of + or - 12dB.
- To assign the FOH Main Output to the outputs on the Monitor desk takes a few steps.
On the FOH Console:
1. On the ROUTING menu, go to the "analog out" tab. Assign your Main LR to Out 1+2.
2. Tab over to the "AES50" tab (use A or B depending which AES50 port you are using on the FOH console)
3. Route "Out 1-8" to Outputs 1-8.
On the Monitor Console:
1. First you need to bring the signal in from the AES50 stream before it can be re-routed to the console's outputs.
2. Go to the "home" screen of the ROUTING menu.
3. The last column will allow you to bring AES50 into Aux 1-4.
4. Now, tab over to the "analog out" page.
5. Chose the outputs you wish to use for Mains, and assign them to DirOut Aux 1 and DirOut Aux 2.
6. On this same page, you can assign the mix busses from your MON console to the appropriate outputs.