Exclusive Mode requires you to go to the device’s additional settings within the Sound Settings panel.
It’s always good practice to disable it on both the Input and Output devices.
Please follow these steps to disable Exclusive mode.
- Right-click the Speaker icon on the Windows tool-bar and select Open Sound settings.
- Click Device properties located underneath Choose your output device, then click Additional device properties located underneath Related Settings.
- In the Line Properties window, click the Advanced tab, then uncheck Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 for your input device.