To check that your MAC is seeing your device connected to it via a USB connector, the following procedure will help.
- Plug your unit in to the MAC, and power both on
- Press the CMD + Spacebar at the same time to open a search bar.
- In the search bar, type 'system information' and select this option when it appears in the search.
- A new page will open and in the column down left hand side select 'USB'
- The right hand side of the page will now show all the USB connections the MAC has.
- If the MAC can see the unit that you have connected, it will be listed in the right hand side of the page under one of the USB connections.
- If your unit is listed, then the problem will more than likely be an incorrect setting in the software you are connecting to.
- If the unit is not listed, then check all connections, power and cables and if possible try another computer.