If you cannot update the firmware of the VoiceLive 3 using VoiceSupport software, you can perform a firmware update with a USB flash drive.
You will require the ".syx" file. If the unit has previously been upgraded with the computer you are using, it can be found in the following place; C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\TC-Helicon\VoiceSupport 2\VoiceLive 3. If you do not have this file, then complete a support ticket and we will e-mail the file to you.
Now that you have the ".syx" file, the unit can be upgraded.
- Turn off your VoiceLive 3.
- Unplug headphones (if attached)
- Format the USB flash drive to the FAT32 file system (see the manual of your computer/operating system for instructions). Reformatting a USB flash drive will erase all data on it.
- Copy the “.syx” file containing the firmware update to the USB flash drive.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB host port on your VoiceLive 3.
- Using a toothpick or a small wire (we recommend a straightened paper clip), press the button that is inside the Headphone jack. The button is small and at the very end of the inside of the jack. You do not need to use much force – so please be gentle. You will feel a small click when the button presses.
- With the button held down, press the power switch on your VoiceLive 3.
- Wait until you see the System Maintenance Screen. You should see it immediately. If you see the “normal” VoiceLive 3 screen (without the “System Maintenance” banner on top), you haven’t pushed the button inside the headphone jack correctly and should try again.
- Select the “Update from USB drive” option.
- The unit will now upgrade.
- Once upgraded, remove the USB key and re-power the unit.